I am Izzy Darlow, and i am a TV addict...

WoW20YearsFromNow


*Um, not really*


I wouldn’t exactly classify myself as an “average television watcher”. I certainly do watch it, but far less than the national average of five hours per day. Maybe in the past I watched more than average, so in the end it all balances out. I don’t know. It’s difficult to say.

I’ve spent way more hours than I had planned, exploring the hidden corners of the territory I inhabit. Seeking shows that I’d be embarrassed to admit I watch, but do so anyway because I’m addicted. I’ve found nothing. It’s not because I’m not addicted to a television show. Rather, it’s because I’m rarely embarrassed. One of these days, I’ll have to explore what actually does embarrass me. Discovering that could be very cathartic.

In the absence of current TV shows that fit the bill I’ve come up with a list of shows that I have been addicted to. In the past. Perhaps you know of some of these.


Remember this one? Freaking outstanding TV show. I loved it then. I still do. In fact, I’m now on a quest to obtain the DVD’s of every episode.


Yeah, I’m a hardcore Trekkie though I’ve never been to a Star Trek convention. I wouldn’t put it past me.


Originally aired on MTV’s Liquid Television (when MTV was cool). It’s dark and sexy, with all of it’s intrigue and scantily clad operatives. I have every episode on DVD. Yes, I still watch it.


This is no “kids” cartoon (mostly because they don’t understand the humor). If you’ve never seen it, it’s hard to explain, but I find it hilarious. Think dark irony. Jhonen Vasquez who’s most well know for a pulp comic he used to write titled “Johnny The Homicidal Maniac”. I still watch Invader Zim (I’ve got all episodes on DVD).


I’m a Trekkie. Duh! Plus Patrick Stewart rocks as far as I’m concerned.


This one is the most recent of all. Originally airing in 2006, but re-released this year on the Science Channel. It’s the most realistic scifi space show I’ve seen.

I feel much better now that I got that off my chest.



There’s a roster of #letsblogoff posts below that lists other participants. Go read their stuff too.
Don’t forget to leave a comment.

Popular posts from this blog